Called to a Committed Life 2023
The upheavals of our times cry out for sturdy, fully integrated lives of faith and faithfulness. If you’re willing, there’s no better time to weave the Love and Life of the Divine through every facet of your inner experience, daily relationships, work, and efforts for change. IN PROGRESS: The new program, Called to a Committed Life offers:
- Practical, relevant tools toward a Spirit-centered life
- Growth in self-understanding and capacity for compassionate action
- A committed circle to support and encourage each other’s unique path
- A transformative approach from the wisdom of Quaker spirituality for all.
What is Called to a Committed Life?
One year of intentional prayer/spiritual practice, experiential learning, and supportive community to strengthen faithful action, beginning in January 2023.
- Two Residential Retreats
- Jan 13-15, 2023: Enneagram: Coming Home to Self and Spirit – Introducing an ancient tool for self-discovery and soul growth. Learn your personality Type, explore strengths, challenges, and spiritual practices to integrate head, heart, and body. Attend as a stand alone or to begin the year-long program.
- July 31– Aug 2, 2023 (Mon – Thu): The Dance: What do you need from others? Engage complementarity and interdependence. Collaborate with the movements of the Spirit in community
- Seven Online Sessions through Fall 2023: What You Bring to the Table
- Saturday mornings, three hour sessions with teaching, spiritual exercises, and group reflection
- Spiritual discernment: Feb 18, Mar 18
- Your spiritual giftedness: Apr 22, May 20
- The experiences that shaped you: June 10
- Life from the Center: Sep 9
- Integration: Oct 7
- Residential Retreats will take place at St. Andrew’s House, Union, WA (near Tacoma)
- Retreat lodge and grounds on beautiful Hood Canal
- Three nights food and lodging
- Teaching sessions, experiential learning, quiet reflection time, sharing in encouraging community
- Spiritual accompaniment sessions with program staff
- Individual rooms possible for early applicants
- Vaccination and current boosters required. Masking tbd.
- Private online community for resources, written reflections, and mutual support
- $775 for first residential retreat, Jan 2023 as a stand alone
- $3,000 total program fees
- See “How can I get help with fees?” under Way of the Spirit FAQ’s
- Apply online through link at left. Confidential reflection questions will help discernment about Way of the Spirit and your best hopes.
- Two Residential Retreats
Chris Hall’s Ministry Updates
- New Retreat Venues: In 2023, Way of the Spirit will offer three residential retreats, the first since early 2020! St. Andrew’s House in Union, WA will host the new cohort of “Called to a Committed Life” in January and August. St. Benedict’s Guest House in Mt. Angel, OR will host a WotS alumni retreat, Oct 19-21. It’s official. Mark your calendars!
- Writing on Forgiveness: I’m revising material on forgiveness for discernment by the publishers of Pendle Hill Pamphlets.
- Holden Village, North Cascades, WA: They’ve asked me back in late October ’22 to offer workshops on Enneagram wisdom for Holden staff.
- Please write if you have comments or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org