Enneagram Retreat January 2023
Find yourself in the Enneagram —an ancient wisdom tool for self-discovery and transformation. Enjoy encouraging spiritual community, as we learn from and celebrate our differences.
This three-night residential retreat will introduce the nine Enneagram personality types. Practical, relevant exploration will help prompt integration and spiritual growth. No experience with the Enneagram needed.
- Facilitated by Christine Betz Hall, founder of Way of the Spirit retreat and learning program
- Friday evening through Monday lunch, three nights’ lodging and meals at St. Andrew’s House on Hood Canal, near Tacoma, WA
- Program includes teaching, personal reflection, spiritual practices, and small group sharing.
- The Enneagram: Not a Test – Chris’ blog post on implications beyond trendy labels and stereotypes
- Fee: $775 to Good News Associates, the non-profit of which Way of the Spirit is part
- Participants may continue in a year-long program online and in person: Called to a Committed Life.
- COVID vaccination and boosters required, plus day-of testing. Masking tbd.
- Details, FAQs, and application online: goodnewsassociates.org/way-of-the-spirit
- Apply by January 4, 2023
- Enn Jan 23 Flyer FINAL
A Personal Invitation
Hi you dear human beings… Jim here [aka cookie-baking, soap-making husband of Chris, program director]
Just want all of you to know that this particular offering from Chris has got me pumped. So much so that I’m going to participate (and yes, bring lots of cookies). I got to peek in at Chris presenting this for 3 days to a large multigenerational group up at Holden Village recently and the energy and engagement was beautiful to experience. Each day the group grew larger!
Imagine what it might mean to truly affirm yourself. To have those sweet ah-hahs when you more clearly see how and why you are who you are. To celebrate your gifts and have a better grasp of how to use them, as well as how to accept and perhaps better sidestep stumbling blocks.
I’ve been a cheerleader for Chris and Way of the Spirit for many years, usually limiting myself to baking cookies and doing the good spouse thing. But not this time. I’ve already seen what this topic has meant for a lot of people and I want to fully participate. Please consider joining me. I know it’s a weird time. We have all gotten used to keeping our distance and there is a palpable leaning toward saying no rather than yes. But we need each other and I’m saying YES and would LOVE to see lots of you in person! The only other thing is do you want peanut butter or chocolate chip?
Not only is learning about my Enneagram type giving me context for both my giftedness and my major stumbling blocks, it also offers tools to build up my strengths and get less derailed by my stressors. – Sarah, participant 2022
Chris offered images, stories, profiles that led us quite intuitively into the Enneagram framework. Her approach favored listening, reflecting, wondering. It was both gentle and potent as both a personal and community formation experience. – Kathie, participant 2022
The Enneagram workshop was really helpful for us as a group to begin to understand and share a vocabulary about our similarities and differences. It has helped me be a better team and community member. I’ve had so many conversations since then exploring who we are and how we can work together, appreciate our different strengths and motivations, and better ask for what we need. – Rachel, participant 2022